Connecticut River Railway Station - Depot Hill
The first railway station in Holyoke was located at the base of Depot Hill just north of what is now the Sullivan Steel scrapyard.
This station served the public up until around 1883 when the more elaborate station designed by architect Henry Hobson Richardson was built.
In the background is the area of Canochet Park where the Indian archeology dig by William J. Howes took place. This area eventually became the B&M freight yard and was active well into the 1970s.