Appleton Street Grammar School
The Appleton Street Grammar School from a photo taken in the summer of 1907. Located at the southeast corner of Appleton & Elm, the school housed the Holyoke Public Library in one of it's rooms in 1870 and in 1913 was renamed Lawrence School after H.B. Lawrence. In 1932 when a new city grammar school was built on Cabot street, it would also carry Lawrence's name.